The vision is brighter than ever.
This is a desktop experience that will draw you in and keep you there. This is the philosophy behind today’s iMac. That idea is now more powerful than ever. The new iMac is jam-packed with all-new processors, innovative storage, the latest graphics technologies and higher-bandwidth connectivity. Now, the new iMac comes to life on the brightest and most colourful Retina display you have ever seen. Now you get an even more immersive experience — and a scintillating new way to take it all in.
Think fast. We did.
Performance boosts across the board.
Faster and more powerful than ever, the all-new iMac is now comes with the seventh-generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors, and the latest graphics. Storage kicks into gear with the speedy and spacious Fusion Drive, now available in the 27-inch and 21.5-inch Retina models. So you can do everything you love to do on iMac, all at the maximum velocity.
Graphics that render you speechless.
iMac features the new Radeon Pro 500 series graphics that make a spectacle of everything on screen. The 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display is installed with up to 8GB of dedicated VRAM while the 21.5‑inch iMac with Retina 4K display ignites with up to 4GB. Both deliver visual effects and 3D graphics that exhibit power in its most polished form. You also get advanced video editing capabilities. You can now edit multicam projects in Final Cut Pro X with up to five streams of 4K videos<./p>
Accelerate your every move.
All-new seventh-generation Intel Core processors in every iMac. There's more speed than iMac has ever reached before — taking the 27-inch model up to 4.2GHz and the 21.5-inch model up to 3.6GHz. Turbo Boost gives you even more power when using processor-intensive applications such as Final Cut Pro or Logic Pro. It all takes place behind the scenes, but you’ll experience the difference in so many ways.
Storage that’s lightning-fast. And quick on the uptake.
Storage is about the space. But it’s also about the speed. Fusion Drive gives you the absolute best of both worlds. The apps and files you use the most are automatically stored on fast flash storage, while everything else is stored in a high-capacity hard drive. From booting up to launching apps to importing photos, it’s faster and more efficient to do it all with Fusion Drive. Now it's standard on all 27‑inch models, and on the top configuration of the 21.5‑inch model.
A virtual first for iMac.
Virtual Reality makes its debut on iMac, with the ability to edit 360-degree video in apps like Final Cut Pro and create cutting-edge 3D VR content.6
Retina at its most brilliant.
Brighter than ever. More colours than ever.
The Retina display shines even more vividly on the new iMac. With a billion colours and 500 nits of brightness, graphics leap off the screen in a whole new light. And the pixel density is so high that you won’t detect a single one. Text is so clear and sharp, your email and documents will look smarter than ever. It’s simply the best Mac Retina display yet.
The colour you shoot is the colour you see.
The world is full of spectacular colours, and iMac brings more of them to your screen. The Retina display uses P3 colour that shifts away from standard white LEDs to advanced red/green phosphor LEDs. So all three colours — red, green and blue — are more equally represented and show off real-world colour with more balance and precision.
Thunderbolt 3. Make some powerful new connections.
Double the speed and bandwidth of the previous generation.
Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports come standard on all iMac models, each delivering up to 40-Gbps data transfer for external drives and cameras, and twice the bandwidth for video and display connectivity. Four USB 3 ports give you plenty of options for connecting peripherals, including your printer, iPhone, thumb drive and more. And with ultrafast three-stream Wi‑Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology, you’re instantly connected to all your favourite content.
Turn your workspace into a showcase.
Thunderbolt 3 lets you add one 5K display to the amazing one already on your iMac. Or, as another option, you can connect two 4K displays and bring over 32 million pixels into play.
A lot can happen in 5 millimetres.
Iconic design. Advanced engineering. Talk about modern art.
iMac has always been the ultimate in form and function: an all-in-one computer that puts everything — display, processor, graphics, storage, memory and more — inside one simple, stylish enclosure. The new iMac includes the most advanced, most brilliant desktop display we’ve ever built, and it’s filled with all-new technologies that take power and performance to a whole new level. Yet it’s still just 5 millimetres thin at its edge.
The new Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad makes typing, editing spreadsheets and navigating pro apps a breeze. Paired with Magic Mouse 2 or Magic Trackpad 2, it works like magic with iMac.
Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad
Whether you’re working or gaming, the new Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad makes everything as easy as 1, 2, 3.
Designed with a sleek, low profile and engineered for stability so you can type with comfort and precision.
Magic Mouse 2
A streamlined design gives the Multi‑Touch mouse a solid build and a smooth glide for quality you can feel.
Magic Trackpad 2
Designed with Force Touch technology, it lets you press a little deeper on a large, click-anywhere surface — and do a lot more.
It’s why there’s nothing else like a Mac.
macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS Mojave brings new features inspired by its most powerful users, but designed for everyone. So you can get more out of every click.
- Testing conducted by Apple in May 2017 using preproduction 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 21.5-inch iMac systems with Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640, 16GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD; and shipping 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 21.5-inch iMac units with Intel HD Graphics 6000, 16GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD. Prerelease Final Cut Pro 10.3.4 tested using a 4096-by-2160 30p project. Total War: WARHAMMER v1.6.0 tested using the built-in benchmark, at 1920-by-1080 resolution, with low-quality settings. Autodesk Maya 2017 tested using a 658MB scene. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of iMac.
- Testing conducted by Apple in May 2017 using preproduction 3.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 21.5-inch iMac systems with Radeon Pro 560 graphics, 4GB of graphics memory, 32GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD; and shipping 3.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 21.5-inch iMac units with Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200, 16GB of RAM and a 512GB SSD. F1 2016 v1.0 tested using the built-in benchmark, at 2048-by-1152 resolution, with high-quality settings. Autodesk Maya 2017 tested using a 1.9GB scene. Prerelease Final Cut Pro 10.3.4 tested using a 4096-by-2160 30p project. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of iMac.
- Testing conducted by Apple in May 2017 using preproduction 4.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 27-inch iMac systems with Radeon Pro 580 graphics, 8GB of graphics memory, 64GB of RAM and a 2TB SSD; and shipping 4.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 27-inch iMac units with AMD Radeon R9 M395X graphics, 4GB of graphics memory, 32GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD. F1 2016 v1.0 tested using the built-in benchmark, at 2560-by-1440 resolution, with ultra-high-quality settings. Autodesk Maya 2017 tested using a 3.81GB scene. Prerelease Final Cut Pro 10.3.4 tested using a 4096-by-2160 30p project. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of iMac.
- Testing conducted by Apple in May 2017 using preproduction 4.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 27-inch iMac systems with 64GB of RAM and a 2TB SSD; and shipping 4.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 27-inch iMac units with 32GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD. Tested with FIO-2.17, a 1024KB request size, a 150GB test file and IO depth=8. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of iMac.
- 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Requires macOS High Sierra 10.13. 27-inch iMac with Radeon Pro 580 graphics recommended for 3D VR content creation and 360° video editing. Final Cut Pro X will add support for 360° video editing later this year.
- Content is sold separately. Title availability is subject to change.
Product SKU APP00718 Model MNDY2X/A Condition New Operating System macOS Processor 3.0GHz quad‑core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz) Screen Retina 4K display 21.5-inch (diagonal) Retina 4K display 4096-by-2304 resolution Memory 8GB of 2400MHz DDR4 memory Configurable to 16GB Hard Drive 1TB (5400-rpm) hard drive Graphics Radeon Pro 555 with 2GB of VRAM Networking
802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking
IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology
Card Reader SDXC card slot Ports
3.5-mm headphone jack
SDXC card slot
Four USB 3 ports (compatible with USB 2)
Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports with support for:
- Thunderbolt (up to 40 Gbps)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps)
- Thunderbolt 2, HDMI, DVI and VGA using adapters (sold separately)
10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ‑45 connector)
Kensington lock slot
Camera FaceTime HD camera Bluetooth Yes Display Weight 5.66 kg Dimensions Height: 45.0 cm (17.7 inches) Width: 52.8 cm (20.8 inches) Stand depth: 17.5 cm (6.9 inches) Warranty 1 Year Warranty