DOMINANT IN DARKNESS
In the dark, starless night, the falcon strikes fear into the heart of its prey. Even with minimal visibility, the falcon pinpoints its prey and patiently anticipates the perfect moment to swoop in for the kill. The falcon with its laser sharp gaze dominates the darkness of night in the same manner that AORUS Core Lighting illuminates the vast AORUS ecosystem.
12 Phase Digital Power Design
- 40A IR 3553 for each vCore Phase
- High current capacity MOSFET
- Lower temperature
- Server level reliability
Z390 AORUS MASTER motherboard uses an all IR digital CPU power design which includes both digital PWM Controller and PowlRstage MOSFET, and is capable of providing at least 40A of power from each phase, for a total of 480A. These 100% digital controller and additional 8+8 Solid-pin CPU Power Connectors offer incredible precision in delivering power to the motherboard's most power-hungry and energy-sensitive components, allowing enthusiasts to get the absolute maximum performance from the new 8-core 9th Gen Intel® Core™ processors.
- Completely new VRM design for 8-core 9th Gen Intel® Core™ processors
- Enlarged power plane and multiple true power phases ensure a stable gaming experience
Advanced Thermal Design
Z390 AORUS MASTER reaches a perfect balance between style and performance by combining the media acclaimed Fins-Array heatsink, a heatpipe, and a thermal baseplate, to provide 30% lower MOSFET temperatures for enthusiasts, overclockers and professional gamers.
Fins-Array Heatsink with Direct Touch Heatpipe and High Thermal Conductivity Pad
- Z390 AORUS MASTER uses Fins-Array Heatsink which increases the heat dissipation area by 300% compared to traditional heatsinks of the same size. Direct Touch Heatpipe helps transfer heat from MOS to heatsink and fins.
- By using LAIRD 1.5mm thick, 5W/mK high thermal conductivity pads, it can transfer 2.7x more heat compared to traditional thermal pads in the same time period.
Base plate + I/O Shield Armor
Durable design and easy installation
- With an integrated base plate, GIGABYTE Motherboards give users a strong foundation to build their Gaming PCs.
- With an integrated I/O shield, building a GIGABYTE Ultra Durable PC is even easier.
- Integrated Power/Reset/Clear CMOS buttons on the I/O shield enable users easier debugging and operation.
Triple PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2
AORUS Gaming Motherboards are focused on delivering M.2 technology to enthusiasts who want to maximize their system's potential.
Triple NVMe M.2 PCIe SSDs in RAID 0 Support
Extreme Performance with Gen3 x4 NVMe PCIe SSDs
Z390 AORUS motherboards offer the industry’s best compatibility in terms of NVMe storage for users who demand high capacity and seek the best performance. AORUS' unique design can be configured in RAID for record speeds of up to 3551 MB/s (Sequential Read), making AORUS the obvious choice for the ultimate PC.
AORUS M.2 Thermal Guard
GIGABYTE Ultra-Efficient M.2 Thermal Guard
With durability in mind, GIGABYTE provides a thermal solution for M.2 SSD devices. The M.2 Thermal Guard prevents throttling and bottlenecks from high speed M.2 SSDs as it helps to dissipate heat before it becomes an issue.
Support for DDR4 to 4400MHz and Beyond
AORUS is offering a tested and proven platform that ensures proper compatibility to 4400MHz and beyond.
ESS SABRE reference DAC ES9118
ESS SABRE reference DAC (ESS 9118)
Hypertream Dynamic Range (SNR 125dB)
High-Res music (32bit, 192KHz PCM)
Super low THD+N (THD+N -112db)
ALC1220-VB Immersive Gaming ViBes
All New Realtek High-End HD Audio Codec
ALC1220 120dB(A) SNR HD Audio with Smart Headphone Amp automatically detects impedance of your head-worn audio device, preventing issues such as low volume and distortion.
With the new VB series audio controller, stream your voice to the world vibrantly with both front/rear microphone SNR up to 110/114dB(A).
No More Confusion
During In-Game Voice Chat
Microphone input with higher front dynamic range allows gamers to hear more clearly. No more misunderstandings, no more confusing GO! GO! GO! as NO! NO! NO!
Smashes the GbE Barrier!
Integrated Intel® 802.11ac Wave2 CNVi WIFI + Bluetooth 5
Intel Next-Gen Wireless solution supports 802.11ac Wave 2 function, enables gigabit wireless performance, provides smooth video streaming, better gaming experience, few dropped connections and speeds up to 1.73Gbps. Double the speed compared to the previous generation. Moreover, Bluetooth 5 provides 4x range over BT4.2 and with faster transmission.
GIGABYTE patent pending USB TurboCharger technology allows users to recharge their mobile devices with stunning speed, up to 50% in less than 30 minutes*. By connecting the Front USB 3.0 Type-A chassis cable to our motherboard, users can utilize the USB TurboCharger to recharge both Android devices with QC 3.0 and Apple devices with Apple Fast-Charge function.
PERFORMANCE FUELED BY OPTANE
The Z390 AORUS Platform supports Intel's latest Optane technology. Optane fuels storage performance by acting as a cache drive giving users a significant boost compared to traditional mechanical drives.
Intel® GbE LAN with cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator Networking
Intel® GbE LAN features cFosSpeed, a network traffic management application which helps to improve network latency and maintain low ping times to deliver better responsiveness in crowded LAN environments.
RGB Fusion 2.0
With AORUS Motherboards, RGB Fusion 2.0 is even better with Addressable LEDs.* RGB Fusion 2.0 offers users the option to control onboard RGB and external RGB / Addressable LED light strips for their PC. Already feature filled with colors and patterns, RGB Fusion 2.0 on Z390 Series AORUS Motherboards are now upgraded with Addressable LED support. With external Addressable LED strips*, where each LED is digitally addressable, users can experience even more patterns, styles, and illuminations.
AORUS Motherboards will support either 5v or 12v Addressable LED lighting strips and up to 300 LED lights. RGB Fusion 2.0 with Addressable LEDs comes with new patterns and various speed settings with more to come.
Multi-Zone Light Show Design
Now offering more LED customizations than ever, users can truly adapt their PC to represent their lifestyle. With full RGB support and a redesigned RGB Fusion 2.0 application, the user has complete control over the LEDs which surround the motherboard.
With an integrated intuitive user interface, the RGB Fusion 2.0 provides you a better solution for customizing the lighting effects across all supported devices. From motherboards, graphics cards to the peripheral products, you can personalize your gaming rig with your own style and show off your build by sharing the profiles. In addition, the new gaming mode makes the lighting effects interactive with selected games to bring you the most immersive gaming experience.
Smart Fan 5
With Smart Fan 5 users can ensure that their gaming PC can maintain its performance while staying cool. Smart Fan 5 allows users to interchange their fan headers to reflect different thermal sensors at different locations on the motherboard. Not only that, with Smart Fan 5 more hybrid fan headers that support both PWM and Voltage mode fans have been introduced to make the motherboard more liquid cooling friendly.
■ 8 Fan / Water Pump Connectors
■ 8 Temperature Sensors
■ 2 External Temperature Sensors
■ All Hybrid Fan Headers
■ Support GPU temperature as source
■ Interoperable Fans and Sensors
■ Supports High Current Fans up to 24W(2AX12V) with Over-Current Protection
■ Intuitive UI for Fan Control
Achieve fan silence. With Fan Stop, map any fan to stop completely when temperatures drop below a specified threshold. Which fan stops, based on readings from which sensor, and at what temperature—all of it can be customized to your liking.
Solid Pin Power Connectors
Z390 AORUS motherboards feature solid plated ATX 24pin & ATX 12V 8pin + 8pin power connectors to offer a stable power supply during CPU overloading.
Solid Pin Power connector advantages
- Larger contact area for electricity
- More metal quantity to sustain higher power and generated heat
- Ultra durable and longer lifespan
Ultra Durable™ PCIe Armor
Industry Leading Ultra Durable™ PCIe Armor
The innovative one piece stainless steel shielding design from GIGABYTE reinforces the PCIe connectors to provide the extra strength required to support heavy graphics cards.
Ultra Durable™ Memory Armor
AORUS' exclusive one piece stainless steel shielding design prevents against PCB distortion/twisting and plate bending, in addition to preventing any possible ESD interference
Product SKU GIG00062 Model GA-Z390-AORUS-MASTER Condition New Features
- Support for 9th and 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i9 processors/ Intel® Core™ i7 processors/ Intel® Core™ i5 processors/ Intel® Core™ i3 processors/ Intel® Pentium® processors/ Intel® Celeron® processors in the LGA1151 package
- L3 cache varies with CPU
(Please refer to "CPU Support List" for more information.)
- Intel® Z390 Express Chipset
- 4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 128GB (32GB single DIMM capacity) of system memory**
** Please note that the support for system total memory size depends on the CPU installed.
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR4 4400(O.C.) / 4333(O.C.) / 4266(O.C.) / 4133(O.C.) / 4000(O.C.) / 3866(O.C.) / 3800(O.C.) / 3733(O.C.) / 3666(O.C.) / 3600(O.C.) / 3466(O.C.) / 3400(O.C.) / 3333(O.C.) / 3300(O.C.) / 3200(O.C.) / 3000(O.C.) / 2800(O.C.) / 2666 / 2400 / 2133 MHz memory modules
- Support for ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
- Support for non-ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules
- Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
(Please refer to "Memory Support List" for more information.)
Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support:
- 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@30 Hz
* Support for HDMI 1.4 version and HDCP 2.2.
Maximum shared memory of 1 GB
Actual support may vary by CPU
- Realtek® ALC1220-VB codec
* The front panel line out jack supports DSD audio.
- ESS SABRE 9118 DAC
- High Definition Audio
- Support for S/PDIF Out
- Intel® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
Wireless Communication module
- Intel® CNVi interface 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, supporting 2.4/5 GHz Dual-Band
- BLUETOOTH 5
- Support for 11ac 160 MHz wireless standard and up to 1.73 Gbps data rate
* Actual data rate may vary depending on environment and equipment.
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
* The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot operates at up to x8 mode.
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
* The PCIEX4 slot shares bandwidth with the M2P connector. The PCIEX4 slot operates at up to x2 mode when a PCIe SSD is installed in the M2P connector.
- 3 x PCI Express x1 slots
(All of the PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
- 1 x M.2 Socket 1 connector for an Intel® CNVi wireless module (CNVI)
- Support for NVIDIA® Quad-GPU SLI™ and 2-Way NVIDIA® SLI™ technologies
- Support for AMD Quad-GPU CrossFire™ and 3-Way/2-Way AMD CrossFire™ technologies
- 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2M)
- 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2A)
- 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280 PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2P)
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
* Refer to "1-9 Internal Connectors," for the installation notices for the PCIEX4, M.2 and SATA connectors.
Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
- 1 x USB Type-C™ port with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support, available through the internal USB header
- 1 x USB Type-C™ port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support
- 3 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A ports (red) on the back panel
- 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
Chipset+USB 2.0 Hub:
- 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 2 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connectors
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 1 x water cooling CPU fan header
- 4 x system fan headers
- 2 x system fan/water cooling pump headers
- 2 x Addressable LED strip headers
- 2 x Addressable LED strip power select jumpers
- 2 x RGB LED strip headers
- 3 x M.2 Socket 3 connectors
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 1 x S/PDIF Out header
- 1 x USB Type-C™ port, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 header
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x Thunderbolt™ add-in card connector
- 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header (2x6 pin, for the GC-TPM2.0_S module only)
- 1 x OC button
- 1 x reset button
- 2 x temperature sensor headers
- 2 x BIOS switches
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- Voltage Measurement Points
Back Panel Connectors
- 1 x Power/Reset button
- 1 x Clear CMOS button
- 2 x SMA antenna connectors (2T2R)
- 1 x HDMI port
- 1 x USB Type-C™ port, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support
- 3 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A ports (red)
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports
- 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 1 x RJ-45 port
- 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
- 5 x audio jacks
- iTE® I/O Controller Chip
- Voltage detection
- Temperature detection
- Fan speed detection
- Water cooling flow rate detection
- Overheating warning
- Fan fail warning
- Fan speed control
* Whether the fan (pump) speed control function is supported will depend on the fan (pump) you install.
- 2 x 128 Mbit flash
- Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS
- Support for DualBIOS™
- PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
- Support for APP Center
* Available applications in APP Center may vary by motherboard model. Supported functions of each application may also vary depending on motherboard specifications.
Platform Power Management
System Information Viewer
USB DAC-UP 2
- Support for Q-Flash
- Support for Xpress Install
- Norton® Internet Security (OEM version)
- XSplit Gamecaster + Broadcaster (12 months license)
- Support for Windows 10 64-bit
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
Warranty 3 Year Warranty