Insight Instant VPN Router
The NETGEAR® Insight™ Instant VPN Router, a business-class router with
Instant VPN technology, is not only a high performance router for small to medium-size businesses, but also offers a Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) firewall. Additionally, state-of-the-art Instant Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology provides remote access and office-to-office connectivity with simple configuration.
Configure and setup remote connections to your office, or even better connect to up to three locations using the Instant VPN router – just a few taps away from your phone or from the web portal of the Insight manager.
The VPN connections are encrypted to offer a secure link between your laptop and your office whether you’re on the road, at a coffee shop, or in another country. The same is true for site-to-site connections, when you decide to connect your home, office, or several other locations that need to be interconnected. NETGEAR Insight offers visibility and access to all features from routing to VPN. Setup, configure, manage and monitor all from a single pane of glass.
Easy and Secure:
The NETGEAR Insight Instant VPN router provides both secure yet easy site-to-site tunnels and secure access for remote clients. Never before has connecting to your office been as easy as “tap and go”. Once you connect and onboard your Instant VPN router using either the Insight app or the web portal, you are able to use the Insight mobile app or the laptop client to quickly, easily and securely connect to your office from anywhere in the world and continue working as if you were in the office with full access to all the resources and assets that you have in your office.
You can start with one or two Instant VPN routers and as your business grows and your needs increase, you can add more devices to your VPN groups (up to 3 Instant VPN routers) to have a complete meshed network between 3 locations. A VPN group consisting of a single Instant VPN router can handle 10 remote users1 and each additional Instant VPN router can offer up to 10 additional remote users.
NETGEAR Insight Instant VPN router works perfectly with ISP modems, including cable or DSL broadband connections. Gigabit LAN/WAN ports keep your data moving at top speed. With Network Address Translation (NAT) routing and classical routing, all the users in your office can access your broadband connection at the same time. VLAN support allows for guest networks and better network segmentation and IPv6 support will enable you to future proof your network.
The rugged metal unit houses advanced, high-quality electronics, and is backed by the industry-best-in-class 5-Year Hardware Warranty, 90 Day Free Technical Support and 5-Year Next Business Day Replacement.
(1 Requires Insight Instant VPN subscription)
Up to 10 remote users can remotely connect to BR500 via a secure encrypted VPN connection and have access to all the resources behind BR500 such as file servers, NAS devices, etc.
In this case we have at least two BR500 devices in action. The two of them can create a site-to-site VPN which means they can connect two local LANs and separate networks together as if they were physically connected and co-located. The VPN group now has two BR500 members and the group can now accept up to 20 remote users and these remote users have access to both sites.
- Firewall Functions: Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI), Port/Service Blocking, Denial-of-service (DoS) Prevention, Stealth Mode, Block TCP Flood, Block UDP Flood, WAN/LAN Ping Response Control
- Content Filtering (HTTP Only):Web Keyword Blocking, Trusted Domains
- User Authentication for VPN:NETGEAR Insight SSO
- VoIP SIP ALG:Yes
- ISP Address Assignment: DHCP, Static IP Assignment, PPPoE, PPTP
- NAT Modes:1-1, NAT
- Routing: Static, Dynamic, RIPv1, RIPv2
- IPv6 Support: Yes
- DHCP: DHCP Server, DHCP Relay, DNS Proxy
- DDNS: NETGEAR, No-IP.com, Dyn.com
- Essential Networking Features: Port Range Forwarding, Port Triggering, DNS proxy, MAC Address Cloning/spoofing, NTP Support, UPnP, Auto¬Uplink on Switch Ports, L3 Quality of Service (QoS) ,LAN-to-WAN and WAN-to-LAN(ToS), Bandwidth Profiling
- IPsec Encryption/Authentication: 56-bit DES, 168-bit 3DES, AES(128, 192, 256 bit)/SHA-1, MD5
- Key Exchange: IKE, Manual Key, Pre-shared Key, PKI, X.509 v3
- IPsec NAT Traversal (VPN Passthrough): Yes
- Access Modes: Insight remote access
- VPN Wizard: Insight VPN wizard
- SSL Version Support: SSLv3, TLS1.0
- SSL Encryption Support: DES, 3DES, ARC4, AES(ECB, CBC, XCBC, CNTR)128, 256 bit
- SSL Message Integrity: MD5, SHA-1, MAC-MD5/SHA-1, HMAC-MD5/SHA-1
- SSL Certificate Support: RSA, Diffie-Hellman, Self
- L2TP Server: Yes
- PPTP Server: Yes
- Management Options: Insight Cloud
- Logging: Accepted Packets, Dropped Packets, System, Source MAC filter, Session Limit, Bandwidth Limit, IPsec VPN
- Log Delivery: Insight logging
- Diagnostics: Ping, DNS Lookup, Trace Route
- Maintenance: Save/restore Configuration, Restore to Factory Defaults, Firmware Upgrades
- via Web Browser, Display Statistics
- Processor: Dual-core 1.7GHz CPU with additional dual-core Network Switching Subsystem (NSS) processors
- Flash Memory/RAM: 128 MB/1GB
- Major Regulatory Compliance
- Environment: RoHS
- Safety: CE/LVD, cUL
- EMI: FCC Part 15 Class B, CE mark, C-Tick Class B, VCCI
- Operating Temperature: 0° - 45°C (32°-113° F)
- Storage Temperature: -20° - 70° C (-4° - 158° F)
- Humidity: Operating humidity 90% maximum relative humidity, non-condensing
- Storage humidity: 95% maximum relative humidity, non-condensing
- Electrical Specifications
- Power adapter Input localized to regions: Output: DC 12V/1.5A
- Dimensions (W x D x H) cm: 31.4 x 18.75 x 4.365
- Dimensions (W x D x H) in: 12.36 x 7.38 x 1.72
- Weight kg/lb: 1.55/3.41
- Cable or DSL Broadband Modem, Internet Service, Windows/OSX/Linux/iOS/Android Client Device, Internet Explorer/Firefox/Chrome/Safari Web Browser
Product SKU NET00204 Model BR500-100AUS Condition New Wireless Type Wireless-N Ethernet Type Gigabit Ethernet WiFi Frequency Band 2.4GHz Warranty 3 Year Warranty