Control and Configure Beyond Plug-and-Play Connectivity
Today’s growing businesses rely more on their network to carry out missioncritical business activities. Deployment of VoIP and IP surveillance needs the network intelligence to separate the voice and video traffic from data, and prioritize them accordingly. However, companies do not necessarily have more money or advanced training to deal with complex managed switches.
NETGEAR® ProSAFE® Gigabit Plus Switches meet this growing need by providing fundamental network features such as VLANs, QoS, and IGMP Snooping that will help optimize the performance of business networks. ProSAFE Plus switches come in a variety of configurations ranging from 5 port desktop to 24 port rackmount. Certain Plus switch models support Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) and can power devices such as IP phones, IP surveillance cameras and wireless access points with just an Ethernet cable; perfect for low cost PoE deployments. ProSAFE Plus Switches are the perfect upgrade from the plug-and-play unmanaged switch, delivering essential networking features at a very affordable price.
With the ability to set up and configure QoS, these Gigabit Plus Switches can detect different types of network traffic and assign the desired priority to latency-sensitive traffic, such as voice and video. This helps improve the delivery quality of related applications such as VoIP, multimedia broadcasting, and video conferencing.
Build Multiple Network Groups
These Gigabit Plus Switches can help divide big networks into smaller more manageable groups and have resources dedicated for one or several groups rather than making the same resources open to all. This feature improves overall network performance, adds security to network traffic, and makes more efficient use of network resources.
Troubleshoot Cable Problems
All Gigabit Plus Switches come with a cable diagnostic feature that enables users to easily find out the health status of their network cables. If there are any problems, this feature helps quickly locate the point where the cabling fails; allowing connectivity issues to be fixed much faster, potentially saving technicians hours of troubleshooting.
IGMP Snooping for Optimized Multimedia Traffic Delivery
By listening in on the IGMP conversation between hosts and routers, the Gigabit Plus switch can maintain a map as to which links need which IP multicast streams. The Gigabit Plus switch therefore will be able to forward multicast traffic only to the links that have asked for them and cut multicast traffic from links that do not contain a multicast listener. Essentially, IGMP snooping helps optimize multicast performance at Layer 2 and is especially useful for bandwidth-intensive IP multicast applications such as IPTV.
• Enable network configuration and management at the price point of Unmanaged Switches
• Gigabit connection delivers up to 2000 Mbps of dedicated, non-blocking bandwidth per port
• Simple, yet useful network set-up on topof plug-and-play connectivity
• Flexible management via PC-based Utility Tool
• VLAN support for traffic segmentation
• Quality of Service (QoS) for traffic prioritization
• Auto “denial-of-service” (DoS) prevention
• Troubleshoot connection issues via cable test
• Loop detection and broadcast storm controls
• IGMP snooping v1, v2 and v3 support for multicast optimization
• Rate limiting for better bandwidth allocation
• Port mirroring for network monitoring
• Port trunking for bigger uplink bandwidth
• Jumbo frame support
• Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE802.3az) support for maxium power savings
• LIFETIME Hardware Warranty1
• LIFETIME 24/7 Technical Support
• LIFETIME Next Business Day Replacement
Product SKU NET00024 Model GS108PE-300AJS Condition New Ethernet Type Gigabit Ethernet Security Features VLAN: Segment network into smaller groups for more secure and efficient use of network resources Advanced Features
Gigabit Ports: 8
Number of PoE ports: 4
Total PoE Power budget (Watts): 45
Max MAC entries: 4K
Buffer size: 192KB
VLAN (Number Supported): 32
Supported Mulitcast groups: 128
Max number of source ports allowed (many to 1): 7
Internal/External: External, Input: 48V/1.25A
Max consumption (Watts): 51.1
Operating Temperature: 0° to 50° C
Weight (kg): 0.726KgElectromagnetic Compliance (A or B): A
Dimensions 235 x 103 x 27mm (WxDxH) Warranty 2 Year Warranty