The RØDE VideoMic Pro+ is a new addition to the best-in-market on-camera category. It is a true shotgun microphone designed for use with camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders as a source of primary and reference audio.
Still with the best-in-class Rycote Lyre suspension system onboard, the VideoMic Pro+ improves on the existing VideoMic Pro capsule/line tube and windshield, plus boasts a host of new features.
Automatic Power Function (with plug-in power availability) is perfect for the run-and-gun shooter, automatically turning the microphone off when unplugged from the camera.
Built-in Battery Door makes replacing the battery a breeze - plus it won't get lost.
Power options the VideoMic Pro+ can be powered by the all-new and included RØDE LB-1 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery, 2 x AA Batteries or continuously via Micro USB.
Digital Switching - will ensure the user has ultimate capture of the audio signal at the source, reducing post production and editing times.
The Digital Switching includes:
- 2-Stage High Pass Filter to reduce low frequencies such as rumble from traffic or air conditioning
- 3-Stage Gain Control, with +20dB function – designed to improve audio quality on DSLR or mirrorless cameras
- High Frequency Boost will boost high frequencies enhancing detail and clarity in the recording
- Safety Channel to help ensure the signal does not clip when unexpected spikes occur
* LB-1 is not included in extended warranty.
Product SKU ROD00007 Model VMP+ Condition New Features
Acoustic Principle: Line Gradient
Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter
Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
Address: Type End
Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz (selected HPF @75Hz/150Hz)
Output Impedance: 200Ω
Maximum SPL: 133dBSPL
Maximum Output Level: 7.7dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
Sensitivity: -33.6dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (21.20mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 14dBA
Power Options: Internal battery, USB bus powered, AA Battery
Dimensions: 111mmH x 66mmW x 170mmD
Output: Minijack Output
Warranty: 1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration on RØDE website.
Warranty 1 Year Warranty