- Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting onboard
- All-new capsule with lower noise and higher sensitivity
- Broadcast recording quality condenser microphone
- Compact form factor (150mm/6” length)
- Ultra lightweight (85g/3oz)
- 9V battery powered - over 70 hours use (alkaline)
- Integrated shock mounting
- Integrated foam windscreen
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output (dual mono)
- Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 80Hz)
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8” thread for easy boompole mounting
RODE's VideoMic Pro R is a true shotgun microphone designed for use with camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders as a source of primary and reference audio. At the heart of the newest VideoMic Pro is a 1/2" condenser capsule that delivers broadcast-quality audio via the 3.5mm minijack connector with an incredibly low self-noise. A super cardoid polar pattern ensures that surrounding audio is isolated and maximum focus is placed on the object.
The integrated Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting system provides isolation from external factors that cause unwanted vibrations and rumbles to the microphone. Constructed from a robust thermoplastic, the mounting system provides superior acoustic suspension and will not wear out or snap.
On the rear face of the microphone are the power, filter and level controls. A selectable high pass filter (80Hz) is available to prevent unwanted low end noise such as noise from an air conditioner. The level settings below can attentuate or boost the recorded level as required. The -10dB attenuation is ideal for recording loud sources, such as live music or motorsports. The +20dB boost is designed for use with DSLR cameras, to reduce the noise generated by low quality audio circuitry.
The standard sized shoe mount and 3/8" thread at the base means easy flexibility with mounting options.
A single 9V battery provides over 70 hours of recording.
||JFET impedance converter
||40Hz - 20kHz (selected HPF @80)
|Maximum Output Level
||6.9mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
||-32.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (20.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
|Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted)
||100mmH x 75mmW x 170mmD
||1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration