Ubiquiti Networks set the bar for the world's first low-cost and proficient broadband Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) with the NanoStation® M.
The NanoStation AC and NanoStation AC loco take the same concept to the future with sleek form factors, along with integrated airMAX (MIMO TDMA protocol) technology and committed Wi-Fi management.
The radio and antenna are combined to make a more efficient and compact CPE. The NanoStation AC and NanoStation AC loco get maximum gain out of the smallest footprint.
The low cost, high performance, and small form factor of the NanoStation AC and NanoStation AC loco make them exceptionally versatile and economical to deploy.
airOS® 8 is the revolutionary operating system for Ubiquiti airMAX ac products.
Powerful Wireless Features
• Access Point PtMP airMAX Mixed Mode
• airMAX ac Protocol Support
• Long-Range Point-to-Point (PtP) Link Mode
• Selectable Channel Width
• PtP: 10/20/30/40/50/60/80 MHz
• PtMP: 10/20/30/40 MHz
• Automatic Channel Selection
• Transmit Power Control:Automatic/Manual
• Automatic Distance Selection (ACK Timing)
• Strongest WPA2 Security
• airMagic® Channel Selection Tool
• Dynamic Configuration Changes
• Instant Input Validation
• HTML5 Technology
• Optimization for Mobile Devices
• Detailed Device Statistics
• Comprehensive Array of Diagnostic
Tools, including RF Diagnostics and airView® Spectrum Analyzer
Advanced RF Analytics
airMAX ac devices offers a multi-radio architecture to power a revolutionary RF analytics engine.
An independent processor on the PCBA powers a second, dedicated radio, which persistently assess the full 5 GHz spectrum and every received symbol to offer you with the most advanced RF analytics in the industry.
airOS 8 shows the following RF information:
• Persistent RF Error Vector Magnitude (EVM) constellation diagrams
• Signal, Noise, and Interference (SNI) diagrams
• Carrier to Interference-plus-Noise Ratio (CINR) histograms
airView enables you to identify noise signatures and plan your networks to minimize noise interference. airView performs the following functions:
• Constantly examines environmental noise
• Collects energy data points in real-time spectral views
• Assist to optimize channel selection, network design, and wireless performance
airView works in the background without disabling the wireless link, so there is no disruption to the network.
In airView, there are three spectral views, each of which represents distinct data: waveform, waterfall, and ambient noise level.
airView offers powerful spectrum analyzer functionality, eliminating the need to rent or purchase additional equipment for conducting site surveys.
The NanoStation AC and NanoStation AC loco both integrate a separate Wi-Fi radio for quick and easy setup using your mobile device.
Accessing airOS via Wi-Fi
The UNMS™ app offers instant accessibility to the airOS configuration interface and can be downloaded from the App Store® (iOS) or Google Play ™ (Android). UNMS enables you to set up, configure, and manage your device, and offers various configuration options once you're connected or logged in.
Unlike standard Wi-Fi protocol, Ubiquiti’s Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) airMAX protocol enables each client to send and receive data using pre-designated time slots scheduled by an intelligent AP controller.
This time slot method removes hidden node collisions and maximizes airtime efficiency, so airMAX technology provides performance improvements in latency, noise immunity, scalability, and throughput compared to other outdoor systems in its class.
Intelligent QoS Priority assigned to voice/video for seamless streaming.
Scalability High capacity and scalability.
Long Distance Capable of high‑speed, carrier-class links.
The next-generation airMAX ac technology enhances the advantages of our proprietary TDMA protocol. Ubiquiti’s airMAX engine with custom IC dramatically enhances TDMA latency and network scalability. The custom silicon offers hardware acceleration capabilities to the airMAX scheduler, to support the high data rates and dense modulation used in airMAX ac technology.
airMAX ac supports high data rates, which need dense modulation: 256QAM – a significant increase from 64QAM, which is used in airMAX.
With their use of proprietary airMAX ac technology, airMAX ac products supports up to 450+ Mbps real TCP/IP throughput – up to three times the throughput of standard airMAX products.
The NanoStation AC and NanoStation AC loco offers airMAX technology and a dedicated Wi-Fi radio for management.
• Versatile Mounting Both models are suitable for both indoor and outdoor installations
• Enhanced Surge Protection The NanoStation AC and NanoStation AC loco utilize the latest ESD Protection to help protect against power surges.
• Efficient Footprint The radio and antenna are merged into a single body that takes up minimal space.
• Quick Installation No fasteners are required for pole-mounting, and a single wall fastener (not included) is needed for wall-mounting (NS-5AC only).
The NanoStation AC (NS-5AC) offers a secondary Ethernet port with software-enabled PoE. Use this port to conveniently power an external device, such as a PoE security camera, for seamless IP video integration.